Monday, August 9, 2010

What I've Been Up To

When someone is pregnant with her fourth baby, she has been there, done that, and, for some reason, doesn't always seem to think she should celebrate like she did for the first three.

Hopefully that someone will have a friend like me who insists that she does and prods her into having yet another baby shower.

It was really just some way to show off the quilt I made:




I don't know how the monkey-in-the-jungle theme came about, but it just worked so I went with it. I painted giant leaves to hang about to get that rainforest vibe.



I got a friend to bake the cakes. All I had to do was smush a couple of monkeys out of marzipan and chocolate.

This cake is a lemon chiffon with blueberry filling. It was heavenly:



This one is a chocolate espresso tiramisu creation. Also fit for the gods:





The pregnant lady of honor's favorite cake combo is yellow cake mix with store-bought chocolate frosting. Since she has to count every carb she eats for medical reasons, I wanted to make sure she got what she wanted in a portion controlled package. That's how the cupcakes came about.




There was a potluck lunch and mimosas and, for an estrogen fest, it was a great little party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing quilt! It was so worth the cake, cake, and cupcake that I can only assume that you had to grin and bear through. :)

I love you! :D

Kat said...

WOW! You have a *very* lucky friend.