Saturday, September 5, 2009

Starting a New Quilt



Quilt Dad is leading the third round of the Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along - Rd. 3: Wonky Log Cabin, which started September 1st.

I've always wanted to do this block and it feels very good to have a bunch of other people along with whom to do it. I still feel like a newbie quilter so I always seem to have lots of questions which everyone seems happy to answer.

I've done two blocks so far. This is the first one and I love it a lot more than I thought I would:


Here's the second:


I don't quite like the second block as much as the first and I think it has to do with the cream fabric I put in there, but I have an idea percolating that will fix that later.

This is the second quilt I've started in the past two months. The other one I started I'm saving for Wednesday, because it's very pink.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

oooo! wow!! I really love how your log cabin is turning out! It's going to be sweeeeeeeeeeet!!

Anonymous said...

I really like these! It's like every block is a peek into the bunny world. :]