Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm in love with New Mexico



Last night I returned from meeting up with my parents in New Mexico, who were there for the PGA 42nd Professional National Championship (a golf tournament).

My mom and I mostly hung out together taking in the sights and we spent two days at the Santa Ana golf course where she did the calligraphy for one of the score boards. Here we are at the golf course:


The mountains behind us are the Sandia Mountains. Here was the view of them from our hotel balcony:


The culture there is very artsy and we saw lots of great expressions everywhere we went - like on this old washing machine:


She and I hit quilt shops in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe area as well as the Georgia O'Keeffe museum. We really went off the beaten trail when we decided to drive over the mountain instead of around it one day.

Everywhere we went was a wonderful experience and I am already planning on visiting again as soon as I can get away with my boyfriend. We'll probably go hiking/camping in Taos, which seems to be the place to visit for mountain lovers like me.

No comments: