Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Baking

For Easter, I will be going to my boyfriend's parents' house for brunch and I am bringing a batch of delicious coconut custard bars.



This is something my mom made for us when I was a kid. I loved it then and it turned out just as good as ever I remember it being.

When I asked my mom where she got the recipe, she said on the side of a box of Bisquick. I was surprised because I thought it would have been one of those old family heirloom recipes that are kept in vaults until one of the younger generation is old enough to bear the responsibility of keeping the recipe in the family. That's how good this recipe is.

If you like coconut, a chewy self-forming crust, a crispy browned top, and a firm custardy texture, you should try this recipe because you will love it. It's on the Betty Crocker website as Impossibly Easy Coconut Pie.

The one tip I highly recommend is to use the shredded coconut in the blue bag.

And Basil says "Happy Easter!"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your dog's name is Basil?! That is the cutest thing I've heard in a while! :)

Your coconut cake looks lovely!

susan said...

hmmm that sounds so yummy
i think i will have to make it!!
i love bisquick recipes! i dont make regular quiche i make impossible pies with bisquick. yum